Niantic, Inc. logo

4.3 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 501 to 1000 Employees
Posted a month ago on Sept. 21, 2020

Business Development Manager

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Niantic, Inc. support the things that are important to you.
4.8
Employer Responsiveness
4.8
4.6

Niantic, Inc. is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 501 to 1000 employees. Niantic, Inc. has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 126 ratings from 8 employees. Employees have left 2 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Niantic's Business Development team seeks robust partnerships for Niantic's unique AR games and apps, which bring real-world engagement to the forefront.

Niantic is seeking a Business Development Manager to work alongside Niantic’s business leaders responsible for licensing deals, corporate development & publishing deals. This role requires an entrepreneurial candidate who learns fast, hustles to execute, collaborates well with various functional teams and can build strong rapport with clients and partners. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, takes initiative and loves our mission of encouraging outdoor exploration. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.

Responsibilities

• Identify, analyze and propose potential strategic IP partners for Niantic’s future games.
  • Engage in and support our deal negotiations with competitive analysis and modeling.
  • Influence our Go-To-Market strategy on the Niantic Real World Platform by negotiating deals with 3rd party developers and communicating market feedback to the Product & Developer Relations teams.
  • Collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
  • Identify scaled solutions for internal deal processes that help drive efficiency as Niantic scales.

Qualifications

• JD, MBA or BA/BS with 4-8 years of meaningful work experience.
  • Strong communicator and negotiator who can represent Niantic in external party discussions.
  • Analytical mind that can structure terms to achieve win-win partnership outcomes.
  • An ability to initiate and interpret legal documents while working with attorneys.
  • A deep understanding of Niantic's products and the location-based gaming industry.

Join the Niantic team!

Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.

Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.

We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.