Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for a Strategic Account Manager, Government.
As the Strategic Account Manager, Government you will manage all government accounts in your region and strategically identify new opportunities for growth. You are also responsible for prospecting into new government accounts in their region. You will focus on managing the relationships and teaching our customers new ways to use location based content to make their work processes more effective. You will manage complex buying centers and COG’s to deftly determine the mobilizers who will get your deal done, negotiate terms with legal departments and devise strategies that swiftly move through the procurement cycle. The Government SAM knows the difference between someone with a title and a mobilizer, and their understanding of that difference influences how they find the right people that get your deals done.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Build a Government focused territory plan with measurable objectives – number of key targets, timetables to achieve success, etc…
- Identify key purchasing vehicles, schedules and partnerships in current and target accounts to expedite and simplify purchasing
- Build account plans for your major accounts that include influence matrices, org structures, and document your strategy to succeed.
- Map your prospect influences to our key executives, and know how and when to leverage them in your opportunity.
- Manage your Government targets in our CRM system
- Manage opportunities simultaneously, where you are actively engaged in a selling cycle
- Knowledge of RFP process
- You will be on-site with these prospects as needed, traveling at least 3 weeks per month.
- You will engage with partners in your strategic accounts, leveraging them for mutual success.
- Engage in conversations in team settings to solve challenges in the business
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist others
- All CRM data about your territory, accounts, contacts and opportunities are up to date.
- You file accurate and timely reports on your business and necessary reporting for HR and Finance
More about what you need to bring…
- Must have 5+ years Experience in public sector enterprise account selling is a must
- Experience with RFP's and COG's
- Extensive new business generation experience, with a track record of closing deals
- Demonstrated strategic solution selling experience
- Software or SaaS sales experience highly regarded
- High competence with CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- Understanding of subscription model highly desirable
- Exceptional collaboration skills with a hunger to close deals
- Strong public sector/government acumen, proven ability to work with and sell to C Suite Executives
- Ability to coach and close at all levels, e.g. from subscription renewals to high value complex sales
- In-depth knowledge of sales cycles
- Degree in a related business discipline, or equivalent business experience
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Regular social events
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled