Mode Analytics logo

4.4 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted a month ago on Jan. 14, 2020

Director of Solutions Engineering

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Mode Analytics support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
4.6
4.6

Mode Analytics is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 11 to 50 employees. Mode Analytics has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 75 ratings from 5 current or former employees. 4 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience — people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between — is now using Mode to collaborate and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.

As Mode's Director of Sales Engineering, you'll play a key role in driving customer goals by providing technical solutions to customer challenges. As Mode's first Sales Engineering leader, you'll also have the opportunity to build and lead a technically consultative team that represents Mode in the data analytics space, as well as create and implement processes that ensure a stellar customer experience.

What you'll do

• Become a Mode expert
  • Partner closely with Sales to create and deliver technical demos and training materials that drive revenue
  • Build, grow, and manage a team of Sales Engineers and Solutions Architects
  • Collaborate with Customer Success, Support, Engineering, and Product teams to deliver solutions to our customers
  • Get to know our customers and their pain points — lead, mentor, and support our customers through technical account related issues

What we look for

• Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — strong people management, mentoring, coaching and development experience
  • You know your way around data — familiarity with the modern data stacks, database frameworks or ETL tools
  • Creative problem solving skills — you won't be using a playbook, you'll be helping write one
  • Autonomous, curious, fast-learner and enjoys working in a fast-paced, growth environment
  • Alignment with Mode's values

About Mode

Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.

In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.

Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:

• Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
  • Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
  • Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
  • Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
  • Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
  • Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
  • Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table

Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.