Mode Analytics logo

4.4 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted a week ago on Feb. 21, 2020

Back-End Application Engineering Manager

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Mode Analytics support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
4.6
4.6

Mode Analytics is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 11 to 50 employees. Mode Analytics has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 75 ratings from 5 current or former employees. 4 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

We built Mode from the ground up as the best product for Analysts and Data Scientists. But as we grow, we find ourselves serving far broader audiences — entire companies from Finance to Operations to Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between. For many of our customers, we are the source of truth for analytical decision making.

As we grow, our challenge is to building new experiences for larger audiences interested in leveraging data, while maintaining an experience that analysts trust to power their day to day. Mode's engineering team is entrusted with delivering on that vision and we are looking to bring in an empathic leader to help inspire the team to perform and grow at the highest level.

What you'll do

• Mentor, manage and grow a team of back-end engineers
  • Participate in code reviews and technical leadership
  • Define and enforce quality standards and review processes
  • Work cross-functionally with the other members of the engineering and product team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
  • Work with engineering leadership to develop career pathing and manage performance of your team members
  • Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team

What we look for

• Prior management experience
  • Strong software development background (this team primarily uses Ruby, but we are open to hiring engineers who have experience with other technologies as well)
  • High degree of empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
  • Alignment with Mode's values

About Mode

Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.

In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.

Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:

• Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
  • Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
  • Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
  • Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
  • Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
  • Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
  • Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table

Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.