Minted

3.4 | Oakland, CA | Internet | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted a month ago on Aug. 16, 2019

Staff Software Engineer, Front End (KC or SF office/Remote OK)

Full-time in Kansas City, MO
See at-a-glance how well companies like Minted support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
4.9
4.7
4.6

Minted is an internet company headquartered in the Oakland, CA area with 201 to 500 employees. Minted has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 98 ratings from 8 current or former employees. 2 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

The Company
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationary. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?

Minted is looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer who demonstrates true user empathy
and is committed to helping us build an online design marketplace as beautiful as the products
themselves. We are seeking well-rounded individuals with deep experience building modern,
interactive web applications to create the next generation of product customization technology
at Minted. Your expertise should allow you to mentor others while driving a broad spectrum of
architectural decisions, such as component and API design, data flow, styling solutions, and
other similar concerns. If you are willing to push the boundaries of client-side web development
with the goal of creating a unique experience for users, we’d love to hear from you.

We are a growing, hands-on, and fast-moving organization. Our engineers to take on multiple roles
and challenges not defined by titles. Regardless of who you are on the engineering team, you will
contribute to and have a big impact on the final product from day one. We have a strong culture of
mentoring and promoting from within, as well as project roadmap that enables us to cross-train and
learn from one another. We place a lot of emphasis on good engineering practices while retaining
the flexibility of allowing each engineering team to have independent agile processes. Diversity is
important to us, and we treat each other with respect and empathy.

We are a metrics-driven organization and strive to measure the impact of every feature and
improvements we make. We believe in true internal transparency and share information widely
across teams and departments. We believe that an engineer who fully understands the business
considerations and long-term vision builds better products