MailChimp logo

4.4 | Atlanta, GA | Internet | 501 to 1000 Employees
Posted 2 days ago on Oct. 28, 2020

Software Engineer III, Commerce

Full-time in Vancouver, WA
See at-a-glance how well companies like MailChimp support the things that are important to you.
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6
4.6

MailChimp is an internet company headquartered in the Atlanta, GA area with 501 to 1000 employees. MailChimp has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 416 ratings from 27 employees. Employees have left 13 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.

We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.

At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!

We’re excited to be adding to our teams in our new Mailchimp Vancouver offices. This is an early opportunity to contribute to forming a strong culture in a new and growing satellite office. You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.

What you'll do:

• Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application
  • Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
  • Provide mentorship for fellow team members
  • Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
  • Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
  • Work independently with minimal supervision
  • Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence

We'd love to hear from you if:

• You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
  • You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
  • You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
  • You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
  • You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
  • You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence

Pluses, but not requirements, include:

• Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform

If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!

Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Vancouver and are happy to have a small and growing office outside of the downtown core in Mount Pleasant (a 10 minute walk from the Main Street–Science World Skytrain station).

Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!

Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!