MailChimp logo

4.4 | Atlanta, GA | Internet | 501 to 1000 Employees
Posted a day ago on Oct. 27, 2020

Staff Engineer

Full-time in Brooklyn
See at-a-glance how well companies like MailChimp support the things that are important to you.
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6
4.6

MailChimp is an internet company headquartered in the Atlanta, GA area with 501 to 1000 employees. MailChimp has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 416 ratings from 27 employees. Employees have left 13 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.

Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.

Platform engineering is a new group at Mailchimp focused on maintaining and improving our core components, and we are looking for a Staff level engineer to help us do it.  This team is focused on our internal job running tool, which is critical for our engineers and our feature development.  You can expect to set the team’s technical direction, spearhead efforts to establish patterns and processes, and lead the team through examples in your own work.  You will collaborate with teams throughout the company and represent our group in cross-departmental projects and forward-looking discussions with Directors and VPs.

The ideal candidate has 10 or more years of experience building and operating large web applications, plus familiarity with current technology trends and patterns.  They should also be a skilled communicator and collaborator comfortable working across multiple teams and departments.

What You’ll Do:

• Build a deep appreciation for the needs our job runner solves and set the technical direction to meet those needs
  • Empower team members by providing technical guidance and mentorship
  • Remain up-to-date on evolving tools and patterns for managing infrastructure, guiding our implementation of them when necessary
  • Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence

We’d Love to hear from you if:

• You have extensive experience working within large-scale development environments
  • You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
  • You are comfortable working with and improving upon legacy systems and code
  • You have advanced knowledge of cloud computing platforms, ideally Google Cloud Platform
  • Significant coding experience in Go, PHP, Python, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
  • You have experience with databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
  • You have strong communication and collaboration skills

Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).

Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!

Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.