Who we are
We’re a small team working together on building a financial exchange from the ground up. Our founding team consists of folks who have built and run successful exchanges in the past. The engineering team is excited to be applying lessons learned and dropping legacy constraints on this new venture.
We strongly believe that a diverse core is essential to sustainably growing a team, and provides an environment that is nurturing and effective. Our engineering team members are personally committing to finding and reaching out to people from all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
What we’re building
Our partners and customers place a lot of trust in an exchange to protect their assets and provide avenues to grow their investments. We take that responsibility very seriously as we bring participants who want to trade financial contracts together.
Our system will fairly and almost instantly determine the price at which participants will exchange contracts for, and match up bids and asks that come in to our platform. These safety and speed requirements task us with implementing innovative algorithms to solve this problem. We’re looking for software developers that would like to get involved in solving these unique problems.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate to build the core exchange and client endpoints from the ground up
- Apply creativity in improving the performance of our client interactions
- Iterate on the exchange architecture as we continue to advance the state of the art in building financial exchanges
- Work together to share and gain experience with your teammates so we can all grow together
- You’re comfortable building server side software in Java
- You place importance on writing automated tests for your features
- You would consider yourself a “self starter” when it comes to things that need to be done
- You’re comfortable working on and improving code that you did not originally write
- You have pride in features that you work on and code that we all write
- You’re able to work remotely now, but can commit to working out of our office in Menlo Park most days of the week
We’re a good fit if some of these apply
- You’d like to work in a tight-knit team that loves to learn from each other
- You’d like to get your feet wet in many different aspects of building a software product and grow your professional career
- You’re supportive of recruiting efforts that focus on finding candidates from diverse backgrounds
- You’d like having to write performant code
- You like pair programming
- You’re passionate about software architecture and design
- You like learning and passing along useful software patterns or “cool tricks”
- You’re excited to work from a clean technical slate
- You have an interest in Financial Technology (not required!)
Specifics About Us
- We’re well funded and venture backed
- Our business team consists of domain experts and known folks in the field
- We’re backed by our customers, who are some of the most important entities in this space
- We provide competitive compensation, equity, generous benefits and an inclusive atmosphere
- Our work arrangement is fairly flexible. While we’d want to collaborate in person with you, we’d also want you to feel comfortable working from wherever you need, whenever you need
LMX Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, age, family status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected status.