Lever logo

4.3 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted 4 months ago on Dec. 12, 2019

Infrastructure Engineer

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Lever support the things that are important to you.
4.9
Female Representation in Leadership
4.9
4.8
4.8
4.7
Lever is an internet company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 51 to 200 employees. Lever has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 258 ratings from 18 employees. 8 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.

THE OPPORTUNITY
As Lever’s Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be automating all the things: application and infrastructure deployment, continuous integration, monitoring, and alerting.

You’ll also own deployment and operation of Lever’s product systems and services. You’ll lead the design and development of tooling, automation, and dev processes for operating a fast-growing SaaS business. You'll also address the unique operational challenges of a real-time web application.

Help us mitigate risk while increasing reliability. We’ll trust you to lead our ability to triage and deal with operational issues. Advise our team on how to write code and architect systems that make our entire codebase more testable, scalable, and dependable. Introduce tools and practices to improve our deployment and testing. Own our disaster planning and socialize the monitoring and on-call procedures that will help our entire engineering team support you.

THE TEAM
You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about minimizing downtime. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation,  friendly chat bots, creating a great hiring experience, and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.

THE TECH STACK
Lever uses our own open source MVC framework called Derby that syncs all data via Operational Transformation (the algorithm behind Google Docs and Wave). OT is the way we handle concurrency conflicts for any piece of data that is edited at the same time. Lever makes extensive use of AWS, Docker, Node, Mongo, ElasticSearch, and Redis within our infrastructure. We use tools like Hubot to streamline deployments and Graphana to see what’s going on under the hood. In addition to automating all the things, we love to version them too! Our systems are all created using Terraform and Chef, working together to ensure consistency at all costs.