Lever logo

4.3 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted 6 months ago on Oct. 10, 2019

Engineering Manager

Full-time in Toronto, OH
See at-a-glance how well companies like Lever support the things that are important to you.
4.9
Female Representation in Leadership
4.9
4.8
4.8
4.7
Lever is an internet company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 51 to 200 employees. Lever has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 258 ratings from 18 employees. 8 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us in our new city.

A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.

We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.

THE CHALLENGE
Lever's engineering team is growing rapidly and we're looking for an Engineering Manager to help scale the team in Toronto.

THE OPPORTUNITY
Our team is a thoughtful bunch that cares about code quality, design thinking. We value transparency and believe in fostering an inclusive, collaborative, helpful team environment. We're always looking for ways to do better for our customers, the product, and for the team: #continuous-improvement.

We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who is inspired to mentor, grow, and help teams succeed, especially when the team is still small and nimble. You’re an experienced people manager and adept project manager who can guide developers to perform at their best (without sacrificing sleep) and also remove any blockers that may appear.

As an engineering manager, you’ll lead a team of product developers as they build new features for our core web app.  You’ll keep the team engaged as we scale up; make sure that projects are running without a hitch; and bridge the gap with Product & Design to make sure that what we are building is on target and prioritizing customer value. As we onboard bigger customers and continue to evolve our hiring product, you’ll guide your team to execute with efficiency, consistency, and, above all, empathy. That’s the Lever way.

Read about what our team values and why here.

Learn more about Lever’s interview process and read about what our engineering team has been up to on our engineering team blog.