Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
As an individual contributor, the Senior Electronics Assember is an integral team member of the Engineering team. Working under minimal supervision, perform all tasks necessary to assemble our Casia product with accuracy to provide superior quality for our customers. Actively manage the inventory to ensure an expedient supply chain in the production process.
- Perform complex electronics assembly work in accordance with written and verbal instructions
- Install and configure software on embedded electronics
- Optically calibrate cameras using standard tools and methodologies
- Test all manufactured products and ensure quality standards are met
- Maintain inventory counts and procedures, accept and send shipments of goods
- Meet production quantities and output according to schedule and demand
- Diagnose and refurbish returned products and process replacements
- Make small one-off components and parts as needed
- Become qualified on, and use, advanced manufacturing equipment (laser cutting, 3D printing)
- Complete other duties as required in a cross functional team
- High School with 3+ years of electronics assembly experience or Associate degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
- Knowledge of good manufacturing and documentation practices
- Previous experience with inventory management software and procedures
- Ability to use hand tools and desktop testing equipment with dexterity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability
- Flexible PTO and 10 U.S. holidays
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family
- Commuter benefits with company contribution
- Wellness stipend.
- Professional Development
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.