Guideline logo

3 locations
  • Austin, TX
  • San Mateo, CA
  • Portland, ME
See at-a-glance how well companies like Guideline support the things that are important to you.
None

Guideline is a financial services company headquartered in the San Mateo, CA area with 51 to 200 employees.

At Guideline, we’re helping Americans save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider with a fee-free, full-stack 401(k) offering that automates plan administration and compliance with a platform that directly integrates with many of the most popular payroll providers.

By building transparent and first-of-its-kind software, the Guideline team is combatting what’s unfortunately become the retirement industry status quo -- legacy providers have put profit over the interests of employees, abandoning the goal of the programs in the first place: to give employees the opportunity to save as much as possible for retirement.

With over 3,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone. We're looking for an experienced engineer that strives for simplicity but builds with the future in mind. Our company is scaling quickly and we want engineers that understand how to enable that accelerated growth without sacrificing quality.
The Ruby portion of our stack is a Rails 4.2+ application. The Rails app provides an api to our React application(s), manages all background processing, interaction with external clients, recordkeeping, compliance, and internal tooling.
Stack Info:
  • Service Objects
  • Engines
Requirements:
  • 2+ years of experience with Ruby
  • Passionate about coding -- we love to see side projects, gems, experiments with new technologies, etc
  • Ability to pass background and credit check for employment
Benefits:
  • Unrestricted Vacation Policy
  • 401(k)
  • Health / Vision / Dental
  • Daily lunch
  • New hardware of your choosing
Application Instructions