Govini logo

4.6 | Arlington, VA | Computer Software | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted a week ago on June 29, 2020

Data Engineer

Full-time in Pittsburgh, PA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Govini support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
Employer Responsiveness
5.0

Govini is a computer software company headquartered in the Arlington, VA area with 51 to 200 employees. Govini has a 4.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 9 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees.

Company Description
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its data and analytic platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

We are passionate about data, we are passionate about code, and we are passionate about the product we offer. We are seeking an exceptional and experienced data engineer who shares our passion and obsession with quality.  You'll be a core member of our product and engineering team dedicated to helping our clients replace time-consuming, manual processes to reach informed real-time decisions about government markets, competitors, and agency relationships.

We need a skilled and dedicated data nerd to join our team to lead us in uncovering truth and meaning in data.  You must be a hands-on engineer with a strong understanding of both data management and governance standards.   You must also have strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally across internal teams as well as directly with end users and Govini platform SMEs.

As an engineering leader, you will be responsible for assessing and evaluating our current data capabilities, making recommendations to enhance processes and quantifying the benefit as it relates to Govini’s growth, strategy and mission.

In order to do this job well, you must be a curious and eager problem solver with a hunger for delivering high quality data solutions.  You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and produce simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You’re scrappy. We like scrappy.

This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.