GoHealth logo

2.8 | Chicago, IL | Insurance | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted a week ago on May 22, 2020

Site Reliability Engineer

Full-time in Chicago, IL
See at-a-glance how well companies like GoHealth support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
3.2

GoHealth is an insurance company headquartered in the Chicago, IL area with 201 to 500 employees. GoHealth has a 2.8-star InHerSight Score, based on 231 ratings from 16 employees. 5 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

GoHealth is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will be collaborating with our software development teams to assist them in creating reliable well behaved applications and getting those applications deployed safely in production. You will be both working in application code work as well as our infrastructure components. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be an integral part of our Software Development team, and will have a voice in Software design and Architecture. This role will work with the GoHealth engineering team to increase the reliability and observability of our systems. Our goal will be to provide growth and mentor-ship within our department.  You will have the opportunity to grow skills in both Operations as well as Software Engineering.

Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.

Responsibilities:

• Help develop and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
  • Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met.
  • Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
  • Use strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems.

Skills and Experience:

• 1+ years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
  • Knowledge of managing Linux systems (RHEL, CentOS).
  • Exceptional skills with one or more scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar).
  • Hands-on experience using infrastructure or configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform.
  • Detail-oriented individual, with strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others informed.
  • Ability to produce results while working independently, and in a team environment.
  • Experience using version control tools such as, GIT and Mercurial.

Benefits and Perks:

• Open vacation policy
  • 401k program with company match
  • Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Commuter and transit benefits
  • Professional growth opportunities
  • Casual dress code
  • Generous employee referral bonuses
  • Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
  • Subsidized gym memberships