Frame.io logo

Frame.io

4.2 | New York City, NY | Computer Software | 51 to 200 Employees

A message from Frame.io

Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users. Learn more

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 4, 2020

Customer Support Specialist

Full-time in Dublin, Ireland
See at-a-glance how well companies like Frame.io support the things that are important to you.
4.7
Frame.io is a computer software company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 51 to 200 employees. Frame.io has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 120 ratings from 9 employees. Employees have left 2 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Bring your authenticity, empathy, and curiosity about our industry to help our client base of amazing creators use our product. Let's chat!

About Frame.io

Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.

We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.

We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.

About the Support Team

The Frame.io Support team is based in NYC while having specialists in Dublin, Florida, and Los Angeles. The team delivers solutions, troubleshoots issues, and provides an over-and-above positive experience for customers in 180+ countries. Support Specialists are responsible for working directly with our customers to help them start their first project, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our Product, Design, and Engineer teams.

If you think you're up for the challenge, be ready to join the conversation. In just a few weeks, we'll cram your brain so full of Frame.io knowledge, you may never have to consult our FAQs again. Not only will you be surrounded by some of the nicest folks in the company, you'll be in direct interaction with the amazing members of the extraordinary Frame.io community.

About the Role

This is a full-time position working in Dublin. Primarily, the shift will be covering 6am-3pm GMT Monday-Friday and might vary Sun-Thurs, Tues-Sat. The first 90 days will be 9am-6pm GMT for training.

On average, you will chat with 30-50 clients per day through Intercom, troubleshooting issues or instructing best practices. While being a proactive support team, we identify what they're trying to do and offer the correct workflow solution and not just answer their immediate question.

Our clients use video editing softwares such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X and others. Experience using advanced video editing software is preferred for this role.

(iMovie, Windows Movie Maker nor mobile video editing apps count as an advanced video editing software)

Our Support Team provides a valuable feedback loop between our customers and the Engineering / Product Teams. As a team who works directly with our community, you’ll be collecting and sharing user suggestions, as well as pain points, directly with the rest of the company.

What does a typical day look like?

You send a “Good morning! 👋” message over Slack to the rest of the team, and catch up on what happened during US time in our team channel. Intercom is the next app you open, you check your queue and see that 14 customers replied to you overnight with complex details regarding their issues. You love this kind of technical work and look forward to the challenge.

You have such a strong attention to detail, you quickly recognize an AdBlock plugin is in a blurry screenshot that one of the customers sent. That issue is solved; they need to add Frame.io to the Safe list on AdBlock.

Another conversation requires looking into the proxy transcode information. But, you have no clue where to start so you reference the internal documentation for answers. You find the reference, but double check with your Manager if your response would be correct. She says it is, and you decide to create your own reference doc. You love writing up these guidelines so you know how to look up transcode metadata in the future.

A customer that’s on an older subscription is confused about their pricing and they’re very frustrated and confused because it doesn’t match the current pricing page. You completely empathize with them, and your response diffuses their anger, solves their confusion, and you deliver more context around the difference between the subscriptions.

It's 2pm and our East Coast team hops on Slack to say good morning. You provide a rundown of your day so far, perhaps you've opened a new bug, or had some interesting conversations that you want to share. You always keep your team in the loop.

Before signing off, you think about the tasks you want to accomplish tomorrow and build out your calendar accordingly.

Sounds like a fun day, right? If so, let's chat.

Requirements

• 1-3 years online customer support experience
  • Excellent verbal and written skills
  • Willingness to keep a flexible schedule, which will include some weekends and holiday hours
  • Team collaboration skills
  • Would love to write a cover letter so we can see your writing technique
  • Willing to complete two assignments: example customer questionnaire and an Example Support Article

Responsibilities

• Provide thoughtful, personalized communication to 30-50 Frame.io users per day who range from experienced developers to non-technical customers
  • Effectively resolve customer inquiries in a considerate and timely manner
  • Investigate technical issues and see them through to a resolution/solution
  • Make active contributions to help achieve team OKRs and KPIs
  • Navigate Adobe Premiere and FCPX workflow questions
  • Identify, escalate and prioritize bugs found in the software using JIRA

Bonus Points if you have

• Post-Production experience
  • Prior editing experience in Adobe Premiere/After Effects or FCPX
  • An interest in the backend tool which uses Elixir and the Phoenix framework
  • Understanding of front-end frameworks: React and Redux
  • Basic knowledge of JSON, JavaScript, Ruby, Python, or other languages that work with our API

Benefits

• Competitive salary and equity
  • Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
  • Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
  • Work From Anywhere Week
  • Yearly stipend for learning and development
  • Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
  • Flexible Spending Account
  • Monthly stipend for food, gym membership, and office supplies/space

Our Philosophy

We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.