FloQast is Accounting Software that delivers the function and accuracy that Accounting Teams depend on, while providing an easy-to-use and intuitive experience. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing Product Team. As a Product Designer, you are responsible for creating easy-to-use, intuitive designs that help users get the job done. You will create experiences to improve the existing application and create next generation tools to help users close the books faster and more accurately, in addition to managing work more efficiently.
We are seeking Los Angeles, CA OR Remote based candidates.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Lead company-wide discussion, direction-setting and roadmap of FloQast’s user experience and design.
- Develop a keen understanding of our users’ needs and how to address those needs through easy-to-use and intuitive designs.
- Create delightful user experiences with a pleasing and modern user interface along with intuitive and logical information architecture.
Create wireframes, user flows, mockups, prototypes and alternative approaches to new and existing features.
- Conduct user research, user testing, and collect analytics to make informed design decisions.
- Actively collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to iterate on designs.
- Maintain and extend our current design language and style guide.
- Advocate and help to further embed best practice Design methods both within the wider Product and Engineering teams as well as across the company.
- Any other creative tasks assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- 5-10 years of digital/product design experience with a strong portfolio - ideally representing a variety of highly usable B2C or B2B experiences, including information-dense applications similar to presentation of accounting and/or workflow progress.
- World-class visual design sensibility and data visualization skills.
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concepts with a high attention to detail.
- Expertise with Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to prototype in Invision or related applications (Principle, Flinto, Framer JS, etc..). Illustration Skills.
- Experience with user testing, use of data to drive product enhancements, and iterative design.
- A proven approach as well as deep experience and expertise in creating personas, mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- Experience with working on products from brainstorming to implementation.
- Ability to confidently present and articulate design decisions with ease.
- Comfortable with giving and accepting constructive criticism, and incorporating feedback.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong collaborative orientation.
- Works well with Engineering, Product, and other cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and follow-through.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow ups.
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 1,000 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.