Boys Town logo

3.1 | Boys Town, NE | Individual & Family Services | 1001 to 5000 Employees
Posted a month ago on Jan. 20, 2020

Database Administrator

Full-time in Omaha, NE
See at-a-glance how well companies like Boys Town support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership

Boys Town is an individual & family services company headquartered in the Boys Town, NE area with 1001 to 5000 employees. Boys Town has a 3.1-star InHerSight Score, based on 411 ratings from 26 current or former employees. 6 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

In a career as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator, you will help us in providing unparalleled care to youth and families across the nation. Information Technology at Boys Town is where innovation and technology come together to make us one of the best in class here in 'The Good Life' state. This means delivering game-changing, technology-driven business models and staying ahead of industry trends so we can excel of what we do best: saving children and healing families. No matter your role at Boys Town, you will contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.

Responsibilities:

• Installs, configures, and maintains software components to ensure database access.
  • Assesses and develops long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
  • Works with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
  • Designs and implements redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
  • Conducts research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
  • Installs and configures relevant components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
  • Responds to and resolves database access and performance issues.
  • Monitors database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements. Monitors, optimizes, and allocates physical data storage for database systems.
  • Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.
  • Develops, implements, and maintains change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
  • Performs database transaction and security audits.
  • Establishes appropriate end-user database access control levels. Develops routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
  • Manages and provides guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.

Required Qualifications:

• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent.
  • 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience including designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers.
  • Certifications in Microsoft SQL: (MTA Database, MCSA: SQL Server, MCSE: Data Platform, MCSE: Business Intelligence), or Oracle Database: (Administrator Certified Associate (OCA), Administrator Certified Professional (OCP), Certified Implementation Specialist, Performance and Tuning Certified Implementation Specialist) preferred.
  • Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices; knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
  • Working technical knowledge in designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle Database.
  • Ability to install, configure, and maintain Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Service.
  • Ability to design, install, configure, and maintain Microsoft clustering technologies such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups and related HA technologies such as WSFC.
  • Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products; ability to performance tune and troubleshoot databases.
  • Ability to manage all aspects of database backup and restore responsibilities to include DR plans.

About Boys Town:

Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.

Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free prescriptions, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.

This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.  To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.