The Content Specialist is responsible for coordinating all aspects of content production and maintenance of content/assets library. Role will work with PR team and larger marketing organization to build the brand and support the company's business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
* Write, produce and post high-quality editorial content for 24Life blog, 24Life magazine, Happy Hour newsletter and other editorial channels.
* Plan and maintain publishing calendar for 24Life blog.
* Plan, schedule and build weekly Happy Hour newsletter.
* Stay abreast of relevant trends and topics; researches and develops specific, appropriate subjects for articles and content development.
* Coordinate and conduct interviews, and direct art/photography to ensure technical (fitness) accuracy, quality and alignment with brand standards.
* Select stock photography to illustrate all stories and maintain brand standard and editorial look and feel for 24Life blog.
* Manage solicitation, development, production, editing and quality control for content sourced from other marketing team members, vendors and 24 Hour Fitness partners such as Precor, Zumba, Les Mills, TriggerPoint, and others.
* Manage 24Life blog vendor and supervise its design and functionality updates to the blog.
* Manage editorial in-box and response to reader and member inquiries.
* Supervise contractor's curation and creation of content on 24Life social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
* Collaborate with 24 Hour Fitness social media manager to ensure cross-promotion/pollination of content.
* Communicate with experts and thought leaders interviewed, to encourage their social sharing of 24Life content.
* Write and manage design and production of "freemiums" for newsletter subscribers as well as Fit:Perks loyalty program.
* Manage design and functionality input from editor and managing editor and manage vendors' execution.
* Maintain content/assets archive or library including tracking and reporting where content is used.
* Develop and produce weekly and monthly 24Life blog and Happy Hour newsletter performance reports incorporating metrics from third-party tools (Google Analytics, CoreMetrics, etc.).
* Complete other ad-hoc reports as necessary and requested.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Director, External Communications. The incumbent will work with the larger Marketing team and will work directly with various other internal departments, as well as internal and external experts and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter, team player, and able to support multiple demands.
* Passion for exploring and writing about topics that are unfamiliar, and finding new ways to present familiar topics.
* Demonstrates understanding of journalistic principles and attention to detail; produces error-free work.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible under pressure.
* Highly organized; proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
* Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. (English or Journalism emphasis/minor a plus)
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
* 2 years professional experience writing or producing editorial content for digital channels (web, mobile, etc.)
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
* Work is performed in a standard office environment without unpleasant or hazardous conditions. Work entails typical physical demands involved in office work.
* Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.).
* Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day.
* Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
* Close vision required for computer usage.
* Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.
* Occasional light lifting to help set up for photography/videography.
* May require infrequent travel to offices or clubs for photo shoots or meetings -- 10%