SheLift is looking for a Director of Development!
SheLift is a 501 (c)3 organization that empowers girls with physical differences to improve self-acceptance and confidence through outdoor adventures and body-positive mentorship. Our aim is to normalize differences while developing, challenging, and nurturing girls’ physical and emotional abilities. SheLift retreats are designed to take girls out of their comfort zones in an effort to help them discover true ability, live authentic lives and connect with others.
- Develop and execute a yearly calendar of events
- Develop annual SheLift Programming Approach
- Develop and implement an online membership registration and incentive program
- Maintain the volunteer database
- Collect testimonials from program participants
- Conduct an Impact Report with SheLift grant writer based on evaluation reports to be used in grant proposals and to live on SheLift.org
- Manage and respond to inquiries
- Oversee board committee formation and the necessary activity of committees.
- Execute annual performance reviews with each board member + ED
- Work with ED to ideate and execute 2-4 SheLift retreats annually.
- Manage budget, logistics, coordination and outreach of retreat planning.
- Build daily itinerary / activity planning
- Ensure proper paperwork, waivers, and contracts are up to date for each retreat. * Develop an application database
- Work closely with Mentor Director to execute participant coordination.
- Manage payment(s) plans for participants.
- Outreach and pitch to retreat facilitators: lodging, activities, equipment, food, etc.
- Recruit volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate / negotiation and compensation of contracted staff.
- Invoices to be paid by Accounting. * Work with grant writer to administer and collect program (retreat) evaluations pre and post retreat
- Develops and executes a quarterly marketing approach.
- Writes and sends out quarterly newsletter recapping events/gifts/innovations.
- Quality checks SheLift voice on all public facing publications.
- Seeks out public appearances/accept speaking engagements for Sarah to share information about SheLift with the community.
- Brand / corporate sponsorship acquisition.
- Works closely with ED on pitches and management of brand sponsorship opportunities * Develops a PR / comms strategy with around Retreats.
- Strongly encouraged to bring fresh ideas and campaigns to the table.
Compensation negotiable based on experience. This is a position that can be remote, but preference will be given to candidates in California or Colorado.