Redjack logo

4.7 | Silver Spring, MD | Computer & Network Security | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 3 days ago on Oct. 27, 2020

Systems and Cloud Engineer

Full-time in Silver Spring, MD
See at-a-glance how well companies like Redjack support the things that are important to you.
4.8

Redjack is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Silver Spring, MD area with 11 to 50 employees. Redjack has a 4.7-star InHerSight Score, based on 63 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. Employees have left 3 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

We are looking for people who share our core values of heroism, audacity, curiosity, and excellence to join our team. We are a tight-knit group of engineers, analysts, and business professionals who have organically built a company that monitors more than 8% of the Internet’s public IP space and 40 trillion business communications per year. We've had a huge impact on the Fortune-50 and Government sectors over the past year, so we're looking to grow rapidly while maintaining our culture and diversity.

As a cyber resilience company, we solve security, continuity, regulatory, and efficiency problems for our customers. You’ll help protect the jobs and security of millions of people while working on and advancing novel techniques in computer science. You’ll be connected to everything that’s happening; every developer on the team is responsible for our products’ quality, everyone ships production code, and everyone directly supports the mission.

As a systems engineer at Redjack, you’ll be responsible for providing technical knowledge, maintaining our infrastructure, building testbeds, and working with customer networks for Redjack’s development teams, supporting all project phases, from ideation to implementation and into production. You’ll help your team to deliver innovative, cutting-edge solutions, and analytics to address our clients’ business resilience, cybersecurity, and digital transformation needs.

We have multiple positions at all experience levels, so whether you’re still new to the industry or you’ve been around a while, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Your job

Your job will be to design, build, and maintain high-performance cloud computing environments to make businesses and the government more resilient.

• Apply a variety of cloud-based services and approaches, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, GovCloud, and milCloud, to solve our customers’ business challenges and execute our mission.
  • Apply system engineering best practices in everything you do, including network design, implementing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), implementing Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and DevOps.
  • Work as part of a team, collaborate effectively and communicate continuously.
  • Learn new technologies and grow your skills and experience. Learn from others on your team.
  • Teach and mentor others so we can make each other better.

What you should have accomplished

We’ll assess your skills and ensure your impact will scale with your ability. What we’re looking for to start:

• You have been an IT professional for at least two years.
  • You have taken a significant part in the maintenance of production Linux systems.
  • You followed systems engineering best practices
  • You have worked in (and are comfortable with) a variety of process and control structures, from continuous integration/delivery to process-oriented delivery.
  • You have some background in networking. You know about IP addresses and the TCP/IP stack.
  • Your projects involved regular reviews, collaboration, and engagement with customer stakeholders.
  • Your projects involved explaining difficult technical concepts to a variety of technical levels (from highly-technical to non-technical).
  • You have training as an engineering thinker: a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.

PM20