RealSelf logo

4.1 | Seattle, WA | Internet | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted 11 days ago on July 10, 2019

Sr. Editor/Content Writer

Full-time in New York & Seattle
See at-a-glance how well companies like RealSelf support the things that are important to you.
4.6
4.3
RealSelf is an internet company headquartered in the Seattle, WA area with 201 to 500 employees. RealSelf has a 4.1-star InHerSight Score, based on 351 ratings from 22 current or former employees. 2 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

About the Role:

RealSelf is looking for a Sr. Editor/Content Writer to play a pivotal role in creating a world-class on-site content experience. Now is a perfect time to join our team, because we’re in the early stages of completely revamping our existing content, as well as creating innovative new consumer resources.

Content is especially important at RealSelf, because our members depend on us to help them make smart, confident decisions about cosmetic procedures. The stakes are high. We strive to nurture deep relationships with our users, providing inspiration, information, and support over long timeframes. This role gives you an opportunity to make a big difference in the company and help millions of people make smart, confident decisions about improving their body, face, and smile.

In this role you will:

• Create content for multiple pages every week, from short descriptions to long-form guides
  • Help bring the RealSelf brand to life through copy and content
  • Continuously learn about our consumers’ needs and collaboratively develop new content experiences that meet them
  • Stay abreast of SEO best practices and implement them in your writing and content strategy to drive organic traffic growth—without compromising the user experience
  • Copyedit peer writing for style and brand voice, as needed

About You:

The Sr. Editor/Content Writer must be passionate about modern beauty and ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.

You may be the right fit if you have:

• BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
  • 6+ years of B2C writing experience, ideally in the beauty or health and wellness space
  • A digital portfolio demonstrating your consumer writing expertise, including the ability to deliver on a consumer-focused brand voice and style
  • Extraordinary writing and editing ability, with the talent to translate complex medical info into modern, mobile-friendly copy
  • Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently hit deadlines
  • Proactive,  solutions-oriented approach
  • Strong attention to detail and work ethic
  • Beauty writing experience is a must; aesthetic experience is a plus

Travel:

Travel is not anticipated for this role.

Work Environment:

RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. Our office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their (well-behaved) dogs to work!

About RealSelf:
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!

Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.

RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.