3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

State & Local Tax - Financial Services Manager - Los Angeles

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our State and Local Tax Financial Services practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules. Our team helps our Financial Services clients transform risk and compliance related to state and local taxes into a business advantage by aligning their state tax plan with the business strategy. You’ll focus on issues related to abandoned and unclaimed property, income and franchise tax, payroll and employment tax, credits and incentives, and indirect tax.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication.

PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Taxation

5 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA, Active Member of the Bar, Enrolled Agent, or Certified Member of Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI).

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in state and local tax laws including, multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, income tax accounting, controversies, restructuring, due diligence and audit defense.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:

- Compliance and consulting for investment partnerships including hedge funds;
- Mutual funds and private equity funds, alternative investment strategies and vehicles;
- Tax issues affecting either the domestic or international banking industry, public accounting practices, internal domestic banking tax departments or internal foreign banking;
- Tax compliance and consulting services for the real estate industry; and,
- Produce and review real estate partnership tax returns, investment trust corporate returns, and tax research methods including but not limited to Westlaw, RIA and CCH. Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Compliance and consulting for investment partnerships including hedge funds;
- Tax compliance and consulting services for the real estate industry; and,
- Preparing of partnership tax forms and Forms K1, 1040, FAS 109, FIN 48, and the banking industry, providing tax services to real estate owners, developers, and publicly traded REITs;
Identifying and addressing client needs, and,
-Actively participating in client discussions and meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements

Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax