3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 13, 2019

State and Local Indirect Tax - Manager

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our State and Local Indirect Tax practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules. Our team helps our clients manage their indirect tax responsibilities related to value added taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, federal excise taxes, and other transaction taxes. You’ll help with identifying and exploring indirect tax opportunities and issues related to business expansion, systems and controls, refunds and cash flow, and policy and design.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Preferred skills