What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Machine Learning Service to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Senior Manager, Machine Learning Service in our Data and Analytics team, you’ll lead a group of data scientists and machine learning engineers who employ predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end solutions for improving safety, risk prevention, and operational efficiency for the construction projects. This is a high-visibility role that requires excellence in both strategic and technical skills. Successful candidates have advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with machine learning, statistical techniques, deploying models in production, and building the support infrastructure.
This position will report into the Director, Data and Analytics, and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing data scientists and machine learning engineers who craft, implement, and operate analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Procore and its customers
- Provide team members with technical guidance and mentorship to develop their skills and grow their career
- Identify opportunities where machine learning can be used to positively impact the organization
- Guide the design of models and architecture, and cultivate engineering best practices
- Manage and prioritize projects across the team; allocate resources to best meet business objectives
- Drive an independent agenda and establish a team vision and strategy by developing successful relationships with stakeholders, and prioritizing impactful initiatives
- Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team
What we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. or Masters in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of management and/or leadership experience, 8+ years of industry experience in data science or related fields
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistics with extensive experience applying it to the real world
- Strong track record of deploying models (batch and real-time) in production with tangible business impact
- Familiarity with database modeling, data warehousing principles, and SQL; experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hive, etc
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, or similar language
- Excellent communication skills; ability to engage with business teams to find opportunities, gather and translate requirements into technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.