Director, Product Marketing
We welcome you to join Philips Ultrasound as a Director, Product Management in our Bothell, WA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As the Director, Product Management, you will guide and drive the development of new products from the initial phase until the final product, to combine an efficient combination of performance and price in time for the defined market segment.
Define business opportunity based on customer insights and translates them into successful value propositions.
Own portfolio, product and claim roadmaps and define commercial specifications for the required products, being co-responsible for the realization of the products and the accurate introduction of these products in the market.
- Integrate long-term market developments with the mission and objectives of the business line into global product strategies
- Collect and analyze market information w.r.t. to long-term market and technology developments
- Translate mission and objective into global product strategies
- Ensure that product strategies are interlinked with product strategies of other Businesses
- Ensure that the subject areas involved are anticipating on the consequences of the developed product strategy
- Take the lead in the strategy
You are responsible for
- Setting the long-term vision and strategy for the GI roadmap
- Lead from concept, to design, forecast, promotion, support, and finally product end of life
- Deliver the operating plan: achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers
- Running and implementing marketing activities through research, game plan and implementation
- Competitive analysis, maintain awareness of competitive products, potential competitive products, competitors, and competitor capabilities
- Voice of the Customer Plan, proactively develops a plan for collecting voice of the customer (VOC) data early in the development cycle
- Customer needs definition; develop an effective understanding of the customer needs balancing the information collected, with risks of not fully understanding customer needs and assessing market potential
- Improve value proposition, balances out requirements with cost to improve the value proposition to the customer
- Product positioning and strategy, integrating overall company strategy, product line plans and strategy, competitive analysis, and customer needs into an effective product strategy and position in the marketplace
- Business case development, to work effectively with functional areas to develop a realistic business case, supervise the project and environment and updates the business case as required
- Develop promotional and marketing messages, with Marketing, advertising agencies, and PR firms to develop promotional and marketing messages
- Evaluate and establish price, to effectively evaluate the market, the competition and establish pricing to improve profit and long-term sales
- Support customers and channel partners, supporting requests for customer proposals and presentations and ensures all relevant materials exist to support the product
- Creates and defines tools that enable the sales channels and customers to evaluate product options
- Effectively support BMCs (17 markets), actively engage with markets to support Go-to-market planning and implementation.
- Shared responsibilities in Win & Loss analysis, reasons and countermeasures - management reporting, to provide regular and ongoing reporting for management-level operational reviews
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MBA preferred with 10+ years of professional experience within Upstream Marketing -business management/product management/strategy & innovation/product marketing/consulting within a medical device or healthcare information system regulated business
- Experience in Radiology space a must
- Building and motivating a dynamic, diverse and strong teams
- Experience in Ultrasound a plus
- Strategic thinking/planning including out of the box thinking and tenacity to find solutions to problems both within and outside the company
- Ability to inspire and empower cross-functional teams to success
- Strong project management capabilities with validated experience
- Strong track-record of senior relationship management
- Shown success in working across boundaries, as well as working in a global organization across various cultures and departments
- Attention to detail and strong eye for quality
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, preferably across geographic boundaries
You are part of
A company comprised of the best and brightest people working to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030. A culture of diverse people and ideas who believe there’s always a way to make life better. A greater purpose that means we come to work thinking about what we can to do to help prevent, diagnose and treat life’s most threatening diseases, solve the most challenging issues facing health systems, and find new ways to bring access to care to those who need it most.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – develop positive relationships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit’s, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, passionate about improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)