Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Join a dynamic, fast-moving software test engineering team testing best-in-class Healthcare Informatics and Patient Monitoring solutions. Work with the latest Microsoft© integrated development environment (Azure DevOps), using the latest automation tooling.
Scope: You will be part of an established team committed to innovation and contribution, trust and respect, teamwork and uncompromising integrity. Cultivate effective working relationships with other test team members, software architects and developers. Track new product functionality. Maintain and enhance testing infrastructure, integrating new tools and technologies in a continuously evolving environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline. Master's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, cross-discipline environment
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to understand and assess a complex software application or scenario with particular focus on the development and execution of comprehensive test scripts or protocols and defect (failure mode) detection
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with embedded device testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-starter, willing and able to quickly learn new applications and technologies
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Experience testing highly critical real-time large-scale distributed client-server applications (preferably healthcare).
- Experienced in the deployment of enterprise wide network solutions in healthcare
- Hands-on test experience/knowledge with embedded devices
- Experience developing regression and/or functional test suites
- Experience working in a healthcare environment a plus, particularly in the role of a BMET, Clinical Engineer, and/or IT professional.
- Test Automation, knowledge of scripting languages (such as Python), software C# a plus
- Good understanding of wireless technologies including 802.11 WLAN
- Use of network traffic analysis tools (Wireless & Wired) to support product network analysis
- Knowledgeable of virtualization, such as VMWare & HyperV, and experience testing in a virtualized environment.
- Familiar with Behavior Driven Development
- Experience writing test cases in Gherkin language.
- Skilled in querying Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Knowledgeable of TCP/IP, Cisco equipment & configurations, routing and switching
This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)