3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 5 months ago on June 3, 2019

Systems Design Engineer

Full-time in Orlando, FL
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,084 ratings from 75 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Systems Design Engineer

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Be a key contributor in the design and development of Philips-Invivo’s market leading MRI Systems and products, which are the chosen solutions for the top 10 children’s hospitals in the U.S.

You are responsible for:

• Overall technical responsibility and project leadership for realization of new product releases and sustaining activities.

• Translation of user requirements, requirements management, top-level design, feasibility of potential solutions, decomposition of derived requirements

• Systems design/architecture and Integration oversight.

• Support for NPI efforts that create value for Philips-Invivo through- innovation and design, while delivering high quality engineering solutions.

• Technical liaison to the program

• Defect/Risk management and Design Reviews

You are a part of:

A team of highly skilled engineers, focused on creating world-class health care solutions.  Our focus on improving lives contributes to our amazing work environment and culture.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Minimum of-BS Degree in Engineering- Electrical, Biomedical, Computer, Systems
  • Experience leading medical, or other regulated industry, product development
  • Experience in leading groups to solutions for complex problems
  • Experience with deriving and simulating human interactions with devices and device use conditions
  • Minimum 5+ years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
  • Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role, or a role having overall systems responsibility focused in systems/embedded software, firmware,  as well as-electrical (analog and digital) and mechanical.
  • Excellent requirements and specification writing skills
  • Knowledge of product development processes and best practices
  • Knowledge of verification and validation testing processes
  • Demonstrated  deep understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for a heavily regulated product
  • Ability to build and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships
  • Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
  • Knowledge performing risk management per ISO 14971

Preferred Requirements:

• Understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for medical devices
  • Experience developing reliability plans
  • In depth knowledge in developing and testing products to IEC60601-1 Safety standard and IEC60601-1-2 EMC standard
  • Software development experience

In return, we offer you:-

An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.