3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 5 days ago on Oct. 16, 2020

Complaint Specialist

Full-time (Can work remote)
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Complaint Specialist

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Evaluate, investigate, and resolve complaints, analyze complaint data, other additional data as needed.

You are responsible for:

• Evaluates, investigates, and resolves complaints.
  • Completes initial assessment of reportability and escalates to manager to determine action, when necessary.
  • Analyzes complaint data, gathers additional data as needed, and partners cross functionally to share feedback to the development and manufacturing teams on potential product improvements, product defects, and safety evaluations, and resolves complaints.

You are a part of:

As a result of Philips renewed dedication to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear collaboration with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• At least 2+ years professional experience in a complaints investigation role
  • Medical Device experience is required; prefer experience with Class III devices
  • Bachelor degree is required
  • Be able to handle the receipt, processing, monitoring, and reporting of product defect complaints.
  • Make MDR determinations.
  • Investigate and document all activities to create the summary of the investigation.
  • Document product complaints into the database for trending and analysis.
  • Ensure the complaint process is completed in accordance with corporate procedures and follow the complaint file all the way until completion.

In return, we offer you

A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this global role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran