Category Analyst - Male Grooming Personal Care
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Category Analyst is responsible for unlocking growth by identifying new business opportunities based on data analysis. Uncover new insights, trends and opportunities to drive competitive advantage and generate demand. Monitor in market performance with consumers and customers on an ongoing basis, responsible for instilling rigor and LEAN principles to inform business decisions to achieve BMC and AOP - commitments.
You are responsible for:
- Coordinates with vendors to deliver weekly and monthly reporting to the organization across channels, providing insights and key takeaways/recommendations where applicable. Provides business with analysis of performance and optimization recommendations in line with key KPIs (sales, order intake, market shares, distribution, price, category & customer metrics)
- Analyzes IRI and Online data, customer POS, shopper & consumer insights, and other marketing intelligence data sources to provide answers to business questions and opportunities to maximize sales and share
- Works with Category/Shopper Insights on quarterly promotional deep dive providing data driven insight to optimize next year's plans
- Works with Category/Shopper Insights and Director Cat. Man. CoE on market share target setting and quarterly category sizing projections
- Provides data and decision support to inform Philips annual planning processes i.e. BMC, SPOR, problem solvers
- Updates insights playbooks for the Field Sales and Category Management teams taking learnings from Category/Shopper Insights resources.
- Supports commercialization of new product launches by working with Category/Shopper Insights, Sales Planning and Marketing strategy to develop new item sell in stores
- Collaborates with Marketing Strategy team and Sales Planning to develop Key Sales Strategy presentations
- Ensures relevance of value propositions for the Market by validating against in market data, consumer & customer insights
- Partners with suppliers to enhance analytic rigor of team by identifying training needs and working to close knowledge gaps
- Drives continuous improvements applying LEAN.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with pulling and reporting syndicated and panel data (Nielsen, IRI, etc.)
- Ability to analyze consumer, shopper and customer research to mine for insights and actionable opportunities
- Experience in distilling and articulating complex data analysis to clear, easy to implement actions
- Demonstrated ability to project and predict in market outcomes based on data and experience
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to implement recommendations
- Eagerness for ongoing tracking and improvement
In return, we offer you:
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120-year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?:
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)