In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be involved with supporting and improving the processes for transducer manufacturing. Philips is a leading innovator in ventilator design which is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
You are responsible for
- Manage and operate all calibration system labels
- Ensure that calibration documents are constantly and properly updated to make available up to date records of activities for future referencing. In performing this task, the engineer will format and procure the release of quality system documents, which could include work procedures or business processes
- Prepare reports of departmental activities and compliance matrices
- Inspect conditions of calibrated measurement and specifications, carry out uncomplicated reviews, and supervise the repair of difficult technical problems by the best providers available to prevent continuous break down of equipment, which can result in low quality production
- Give direction to the various departments in the formulation of their departmental work specifications and procedures to ensure that they are in line with organizational goals, standards, and ethics
- Work with customers by carrying out comprehensive quality surveys to determine customers’ perception of finished calibrated products and make use of feedback data to improve production quality, and also give some assistance in the making of supplier surveys, which is necessary in the production chain
- Gather, evaluate, and format quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI) data on a regular basis as part of operational requirements
- Help verify audit findings for accuracy to create a balance in the database
- Track configuration and repair status and implement changes where required
- Inspect products for defects prior to delivery to maintain high quality standards
- Conform to safety guidelines and regulations to guaranty safety of workers and clients
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering is preferred but other majors may be considered when coupled with demonstrated work experience.
- Demonstrated results while leading site Calibration activities
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Applications
- Exposure to FDA/ISO Quality Management Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with ability to drive results
- Self-motivated requiring little to no supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
In return, we offer you
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)