3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on July 29, 2020

Senior Systems Engineer

Full-time in San Diego, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Senior Systems Engineer

We, in Philips Image Guided Therapy, are in the business of treating patients better by innovating procedures so they can go back to living the lives they love. We welcome you join IGT Devices for an opportunity to lead the system design as a Senior Systems Engineer for medical devices which help achieve the quadruple aim of improved patient experience, improved staff experience, better health outcomes and lower the cost of care. IGT Devices is the industry leader in design of intravascular ultrasound devices and interventional devices used for making functional measurements in coronary and peripheral vasculature.

You are responsible for

• Conducting preliminary studies and keeping abreast of developments within the field.
  • Making independent choices regarding aspects of the design.  Providing rationale for changes in specifications.
  • Providing ideas for future products and tangible input to technology roadmaps.
  • Providing technical leadership on project core teams
  • In consultation with your manager, develop program plans with regard to technical-scientific solutions, product requirements, verification and validation.
  • Using system engineering methods and techniques to develop new products
  • Translation of user and business needs into product requirements
  • System decomposition and allocation of derived requirements down to HW/SW component level and related traceability
  • Managing system integration and issue reporting including facilitating defect review boards
  • Realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance
  • Trade-off of system design specifications and interfaces, determine feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews.
  • System verification and validation coordination.
  • Ensuring full Product Safety Risk Management in a regulation compliant manner.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor of Science or related technical degree, or equivalent professional engineering experience
  • 10+ years of relevant experience in professional engineering.
  • Experience in the use of system engineering tools such as use scenarios, context/interface diagrams, functional system modeling, FMEAs, and QFD.
  • Experience with requirements management tools.  DOORs and Integrity experience is preferred.
  • Familiarity with Medical Development regulations as in FDA 21 CFR part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14791, The Medical Device Directive, Safety as in EN60601-1 and EMC as in EN60601-1-2 and subordinate regulations.
  • Experience with DfR (Design for Reliability) tools.

In return, we offer you

We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1