Commodity Manager Embedded Computing
The Global Commodity Manager Embedded Computing will manage a budget of 230M€ through suppliers located worldwide. You will be responsible for the strategy development and deployment, and the overall risk management as well as the supplier selection process. Working through the supplier account managers in North America, EMEA and China, you will be accountable for quality/sustainability, total cost, and delivery for the entire portfolio.
- Stay fully connected with the different markets (competition, potential new suppliers, products, new technologies, localization...)
- Develop global procurement strategies for hardware including workstations, embedded PC and networking/peripherals to a long-term, 3–5 year sight line
- Deploy the strategies in the different regions worldwide
- Identify risks (financials, political, macro economical...) that could affect the total portfolio and propose short/mid/long-term mitigation plans
- Working hand-in-hand with procurement engineering as well as business stakeholders, define the overall approach on Supplier selection (RFP/RFQ/Gate/Sourcing grid)
- Accountable for total cost, quality and delivery performance of the suppliers
You will manage a virtual team of five Supplier Account Managers who report to the Regional Cluster Leaders.
To succeed in this role, you will need
- 10+ years of experience in global commodity management
- Masters degree in a related field
- Commodity management expertise, ideally in the hardware and/or electronics domain
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, inside and outside of Philips. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)