Senior Quality Assurance Technician
Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today. The Senior Quality Assurance Technician will perform a variety of visual and dimensional inspection of machined, plastic and sheet metal parts to determine precise conformance to specifications, tolerances and workmanship standards. This position will report to the 1st shift.
You are responsible for
- Inspecting parts involving numerous precision tolerance dimensions, coordinated dimensions, irregular surfaces and contours with precision measuring instruments from surface plate set ups where no inspection jigs or fixtures are available.
- Creating programs on CMM.
- Documenting Inspection results and identifying and documenting discrepancies.
- Performing root cause/corrective actions when necessary.
- Training lower level inspectors.
- Ensuring Quality system compliance.
You are a part of a team that will be directly impacting the supply of crucial products needed to treat patients.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- AA degree or equivalent years of experience required
- 3+ years of directly related experience in a regulated environment with strict adherence to policies and procedures and writing and executing validation/verification documentation required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and technical specifications.
- Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Must have CMM programming experience using Mitutoyo MCOSMOS and CAT1000PS software
- Must be able to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- Must have knowledge of inspection specifications, processing, hardware and finishing specifications.
- Requires the ability to reach, stand and lift up to 15 pounds on continuous basis and up to 40 pounds infrequently.
In return, we offer you an opportunity to join us in our call to action. This is a permanent positon that comes with a generous full benefits package. Our goal is to help as many healthcare providers as possible to deal with the growing numbers of critical patients.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)