In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support and be responsible for all materials to support production in two different facilities. This position will work closely with the Production Schedulers. The Material Planner is responsible for managing the material inventory to ensure supply to support the production schedule.
You are responsible for
- The primary role of the material planner is to plan, monitor and procure the materials and products needed to meet the needs of production
- The Material Planner should have good computer skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills and interpretation skills.
- Creating and releasing purchase orders within establish guidelines to support the production plan.
- Determine availabilities requirement and adjust/re-adjust in accordance to production planning progress.
- Maintaining and tracking raw materials and packaging inventory to ensure production can meet the scheduling requirements.
- Daily communication with supply/ production planner and informing them of any potential ingredient shortages that could affect the production schedule.
- Follows up with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries and receiving issues.
- Tracks purchase orders to maintain on time deliveries
- Monitor and analyze supplier performance via performance scorecard
- Manages, arranges and tracks all logistics for inbound materials
- Perform other duties as required
You are a part of
The Planner is the key liaison between Philips and our material vendors and is responsible for communicating material requirements daily/ weekly and resolving any supply/demand imbalances with the Supplier. The Planner will work closely with Procurement to drive performance improvements for our suppliers and resolve any Supplier non-conformance to agreed terms. The Material Planner must communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal/external customers and strive to exceed their expectations. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are crucial for this position.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- BA/BS or 5+ years of related experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience participating in lean manufacturing events and managing lean projects.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution.
- Proficiency in MS office specifically excel.
- Understanding of MRP ERP
- SAP experience a plus
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)