3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Material Planner

Full-time in Stamford, CT
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 970 ratings from 66 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Material Planner

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Support and be responsible for all materials to support production in two different facilities. This position will work closely with the Production Schedulers. The Material Planner is responsible for managing the material inventory to ensure supply to support the production schedule.

You are responsible for

• The primary role of the material planner is to plan, monitor and procure the materials and products needed to meet the needs of production
  • The Material Planner should have good computer skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills and interpretation skills.
  • Creating and releasing purchase orders within establish guidelines to support the production plan.
  • Determine availabilities requirement and adjust/re-adjust in accordance to production planning progress.
  • Maintaining and tracking raw materials and packaging inventory to ensure production can meet the scheduling requirements.
  • Daily communication with supply/ production planner and informing them of any potential ingredient shortages that could affect the production schedule.
  • Follows up with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries and receiving issues.
  • Tracks purchase orders to maintain on time deliveries
  • Monitor and analyze supplier performance via performance scorecard
  • Manages, arranges and tracks all logistics for inbound materials
  • Perform other duties as required

You are a part of

The Planner is the key liaison between Philips and our material vendors and is responsible for communicating material requirements daily/ weekly and resolving any supply/demand imbalances with the Supplier. The Planner will work closely with Procurement to drive performance improvements for our suppliers and resolve any Supplier non-conformance to agreed terms. The Material Planner must communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal/external customers and strive to exceed their expectations. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are crucial for this position.

The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:

• BA/BS or 5+ years of related experience
  • Strong organizational and time management skills
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Experience participating in lean manufacturing events and managing lean projects.
  • The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution.
  • Proficiency in MS office specifically excel.
  • Understanding of MRP ERP
  • SAP experience a plus

In return, we offer you

A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1

If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password  button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to careersite@philips.com