At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class UX team and our fast growth means we are continuing to look for top-notch UX professionals to expand the team. As a Principal UX Designer, you will design and shape our UX vision and processes and champion great design throughout the company. You must be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies. You will need to be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team to identify challenges and define solutions.
● Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
● Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
● Partner with and influence product managers to understand product goals to drive the best experience
● Analyze actual consumer behavior and design simple solutions to complex workflows
● Confidently present and explain how to use data to inform the product experience to executive leadership teams
● Work directly with UI engineers and be a liaison to help implement design specifications
● Conduct high-level prototype testing to understand user behavior/expectations (leveraging our Design System)
● Define research principles and models that can empower all products across Palo Alto Networks
● Develop user-journey flows and customer experience mapping visualizations to better understand our position in the market
● Collaborate with remote and co-located design teams across the globe
● Career level experience with designing complex enterprise web applications
● Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys
● Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting
● Experience designing products for security or IT users is a plus
● Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
● Knowledge of HTML, CSS, iOS, and Android is a plus
● Knowledge of analytics tools ie. Tableau
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English proficiency
● Desirable using quantitative data dashboards and/or tools for visualizing large user data sets
● Portfolio demonstrating design challenges and flows that met business/design goals
● BS/MS or equivalent experience required
● Preferred degree in computational social sciences (e.g,. Economics, sociology, psychology), statistics, computer science, related field, or equivalent experience