Posted a month ago on Sept. 28, 2020

Global Account Manager - Service Provider

Full-time in Reston, VA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

As we continue to grow as an organization, we are hiring premier major account sales professionals to run and drive sales engagements into a set of Service Providers. Partnering with a systems engineer, you will displace competing technologies and build market share within your targeted accounts.

You develop trusted relationships at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by our solutions. Your credibility will guide customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.

Your Impact

• Play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses
  • Acquire and manage major accounts within your account settings, growing the business and developing the pipeline
  • Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
  • Conduct highly effective presentations to C-level executives
  • Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize opportunity within major customer environments
  • Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
  • Build relationships with and sell through channel partners
  • Meet and exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of our Next

Qualifications

• Service Provider experience, selling into and through
  • BS technical degree or equivalent
  • 10+ years of above quota sales experience
  • Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, security proxies and caches
  • Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
  • Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills

Additional Information

The Team

Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.

As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.