Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 2, 2020

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

You will be part of the team that develops the content to power the Palo Alto Networks’s next generation firewall. The APPID team is responsible for decoding network protocols, identifying applications and detecting evasive behavior and threats on enterprise customers’ networks.

As a member of the content team, you have the opportunity to work on different projects to enable customers to have full visibility on their network as well as prevent exploit, APT attacks and etc.

Your Impact

• Research protocol RFC and related application implementation
  • Research protocols and develop protocol decoder
  • Research application behavior and write signatures for app identification
  • Research industrial equipment and communication protocols
  • Research IoT devices for device fingerprinting and security analysis

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Excellent understanding of common networking protocols such as HTTP, SSL, FTP and etc.
  • Strong programming skills, C/C++ experience is preferred
  • Familiar with common tools like wireshark, tcpdump, burp suite and etc.
  • Familiar with IoT/SCADA/Medical devices. protocols and vulnerabilities is a big plus
  • BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.