Posted 3 months ago on April 22, 2020

Senior Product Manager (Consumer Software Experience)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career, Impact, and Team

Our team designs and builds consumer hardware devices, networking technologies, software, and services for delivering on user needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate consumer requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and functional.

As Senior Product Manager, you are the market-savvy engineer for your product area and business. You bring together customer and technical insights, define product features in detail as well as the whole product and work with engineering and design to develop and build the product. You are able to gather and analyze large amounts of information efficiently and deliver compelling, insightful recommendations. You have skills and experience in defining, designing, and shipping sophisticated products in high volume, and you have a strong understanding of the disciplines which contribute to the product lifecycle.

The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are entrepreneurial and hands-on in your product management approach while helping to craft a vision and leading the cross-functional team to execute on that vision. You will contribute to delivering on a 10-year mission.

You'll partner with Engineering and Design/UX to assess new product features and iterate on solutions. You will help define product and engineering targets for the agreed-upon solution in terms of cost, performance, quality, UX, etc. You will work with Engineering to craft and manage a program schedule and provide execution leadership.

You will work with User Experience Design to build innovative, beautiful, and functional products which delight users and meet technical requirements.

You will work with Marketing to define the key selling propositions and messaging for launch and go-to-market during the design phase of products and then iterate through the product lifecycle.

You are the day-to-day product voice of the program both with the cross-functional teams and with management.

You contribute to Palo Alto Networks being the fastest growing cybersecurity company in the world by understanding the evolution of cyberattacks and designing products to keep users safer and secure.

Your Experience

• BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MS degree preferred
  • 5+ years of experience in product management or engineering roles
  • Experience partnering effectively with engineering and design as well as with cross-functional teams and senior leaders
  • Strong oral and written communication skills
  • Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and drive complex strategic initiatives, product vision, go-to-market strategies and design discussions
  • Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
  • Experience developing and launching consumer software products and technologies

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.