Posted a month ago on Sept. 28, 2020

Principal Software Engineer-Datapath( SASE)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks's SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) group is looking for a seasoned and accomplished engineer with experience in writing Network data path forwarding software to fill a technical leadership position in the SD WAN team. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in the SD WAN area. You will work with a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop systems  for solving interesting problems in SDWAN area.

Your Impact

• Work in a small and fast paced team to solve important customer problems and deliver most impactful results.
  • Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
  • Proactively identify product features for improvement and innovation
  • Innovate new product features based on customer feedback

Qualifications

Your Experience:

• 8+ years of experience, with a BS or MS degree, in developing  system software for data path components in a networking device.
  • Strong experience in working with data plane and control plane architectures in networking devices.
  • Experience working with packet forwarding mechanisms using Open Vswitch and DPDK.
  • Extremely strong in system design and architecture of networking products involving switching, routing and security.
  • Experience with Linux system programming (e.g. sockets, files, shared memory, multi-threaded programming/process synchronization.
  • Good understanding and working knowledge of Layer 3/ Layer 4 network protocols such as TCP/IP.
  • Hands on experience with Linux networking stack is desired.
  • Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
  • Proficiency in C and at least one scripting language like shell script, python etc.,
  • Experience with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, etc.

Additional Information

Your Team

Our engineering team is at the core of SD WAN products – connected directly to the mission of providing world class SASE solutions. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about SD WAN. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.
#L1-MB1

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.