Neighborhoods.com logo

Neighborhoods.com

4.2 | Chicago, IL | Real Estate | 11 to 50 Employees

Vice president of product

Full-time in Chicago, IL
See at-a-glance how well companies like Neighborhoods.com support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.9
4.8
4.7
4.7

Neighborhoods.com is a real estate company headquartered in the Chicago, IL area with 11 to 50 employees. Neighborhoods.com has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 548 ratings from 38 current or former employees. 12 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. Our platforms, 55places.com and Neighborhoods.com, invite users to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community.

At Neighborhoods.com, we’re all about transparency. Continuous improvement is one of our core values. If you’re a product professional looking for a company where you can have a real impact and be part of an award-winning culture, we want to hear from you!

The Vice President of Product will oversee all aspects of product life cycle management within the company. They will be responsible for crafting the vision and strategy of the product department and ensure the product roadmap supports the goals of the business. They will report directly to the CEO.

The VP of Product will direct the research, design and product development roadmap. Their discipline will act as the voice of the customers, represents internal stakeholders and is responsible for delivering the highest possible value for the business, and the Product department will own the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.

What you’ll be doing as our Vice President of Product:

• Work with the CEO and senior leadership team to create an overall product strategy tied to the company’s operating goals.
  • Maintain ownership of all product related decisions. Be accountable for the success or failure of the company’s products.
  • Clearly communicate the vision of the products to all of those involved with the organization, including stakeholders and the development team.
  • Create alignment around product goals and targets.
  • Oversee the development and maintenance of our feature backlog.
  • Understand our users’ needs and wants. Drive the processes that meet these needs; analyze and refine to ensure continuous product improvements.
  • Have a keen awareness and understanding of our competitors’ offerings and ensure we can dominate in our key areas of focus.
  • Identify opportunities for growth and pursue ideas through research and testing.
  • Ensure research conducted by UX translates into effective designs on our products that meet consumer expectations.
  • Monitor data and trends that would signify potential threats or opportunities for our products.
  • Hold all product team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance.
  • Engage in regular discussions with VP- and C-Level executives about high level decisions which will drive the company’s strategy.

We think you could be really successful if you:

• Think and communicate at a big-picture level
  • Will inspire our teams to work together to create something great
  • Create and maintain positive energy in a team environment
  • Enjoy driving creative solutions from ideation to production
  • Have experience in a growth stage environment
  • Can clearly set realistic goals and timelines for our products that all stakeholders can agree on

Basic requirements to do the job:

• 10+ years in digital product management with 4+ years in a senior leadership role
  • Experience with change management
  • Ability to build, mentor, and coach a team
  • Demonstrated ability in identifying opportunities to improve products in ways that drive company growth
  • Knowledge in all areas of product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative product development programs
  • Excellent communication skills

Bonus points if you have:

• Experience in product development in the real estate industry
  • Product management experience in a business to consumer environment

Why Neighborhoods.com?

• The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code
  • Paid parental leave
  • Pre-tax commuter program
  • West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
  • Volunteer and charity opportunities
  • Cold-brew coffee on tap
  • Transparent and approachable leadership and management
  • Catered Lunch & Learn programs
  • You will help people on the journey to making one of the single biggest decisions of their life.

Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer for people from all different backgrounds. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, or age. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.

We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.