The healthcare industry is evolving, and MDLIVE is at the forefront. As pioneers in Telehealth, we’re creating and implementing virtual care solutions that enable patients to see a doctor, 24/7/365, using their phones, smartphones, and PCs. We’re also enabling individuals to have consults with licensed therapists and psychiatrists via secure video, in privacy and comfort.
Our commitment to quality care, coupled with our adoption of the latest technologies, has created tremendous opportunities for professionals who possess a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. Explore your future while shaping the future of healthcare.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, innovative culture where you can make an impact starting on your first day, then MDLIVE might be the right place for you! We are currently seeking a Total Rewards & HRMS Analyst to join our growing team in Chicago, IL! This position reports to the Chief People Officer.
What will you do?
In this newly created role, you will help the company prepare for its next phase of growth by partnering with the leadership team to develop and execute a Total Rewards strategy as well as provide data and analytics to help drive critical People decisions. You will also be responsible for:
- Develop a total rewards strategy that helps enable the organization’s goals of attracting, developing and engaging top talent.
- Evaluate and compare existing company Total Rewards with those of other employers by analyzing plan metrics, surveys and other sources of information. Develop specific recommendations with respect to possible plan changes that reflect best practices and our goal to attract and retain talent. Make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Assess long-term business needs and design and implement rewards initiatives that will proactively support future business requirements.
- Participate in M&A activities, including due diligence and integration of HR programs and systems.
- Stay abreast of new and innovative total rewards practices and continually propose ideas to make improvements to MDLIVE plans
- Oversee compensation design and management to ensure that our total compensation package is competitive and allows us to attract and retain talent.
- Develop broad-based, executive and sales compensation plans.
- Develop compensation proposals for new hires, promotions and lateral moves.
- Oversee ongoing compensation evaluation and analysis work (e.g., job analyses and mapping, evaluation and classification, survey participation, policy, compensation and benefits benchmark and review and pay gap analyses).
- Implement a pay grade and compensation bands framework
- Develop, maintain, administer and communicate variable incentive plans for the Sales, Client Success and Provider teams and ensure a balance between business objectives and employee retention and engagement.
- Partner with leadership team to develop, maintain, administer and communicate the equity plan
- Manage the annual merit increase process and annual bonus payout process and create total compensation statements.
- Evaluate jobs through competitive market analysis and job evaluation. Responsible for FLSA determination, market pricing and all compensation related questions. Assure compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and legislation.
- Act as the administrator and manager of the compensation committee
- Manage the design of the benefit plans to ensure its competitiveness while managing the cost to ensure a return on the plan expenditures. Administers employee benefits programs such as 401k, medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, disability, time off and any ancillary plans which may be offered to the employee population. Oversee open enrollment and benefits and wellness events.
- Responsible for developing and conducting employee education meetings, seminars, webinars etc. to promote company benefits and wellness.
- Oversee the wellness program to ensure that it reflects best practices and that reflects our commitment to our employees’ wellbeing.
- Handle benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Oversee the leave polices and administration to ensure that the program is administered effectively.
- Ensure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Prepare reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies such as the IRS, DOL and other regulatory agencies. Also ensure compliance with local overseas rules and regulations.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to advertise MDLIVE benefits to prospective candidates
- Act as the administrator and manager of the Benefits and 401(k) committees
HR Management Systems (HRMS):
- Oversee and act as the administrator of the company’s HR Information System (Ultipro) and all other HR-related systems
- Ensure data integrity within all systems to accurately report HR data and analytics to the leadership team
- Own the creation, reporting and analysis of the HR scorecard and Talent Acquisition dashboard with metrics related to Talent Acquisition, Development, Engagement and Retention. Report updates on metrics weekly.
- Act as the administrator for the HR SharePoint
- Collaborate with Payroll & Benefits Manager to ensure system is accurate and reports are being run in a timely manner and that feeds to/from carriers are timely and accurate.
- Respond to inquiries related to internal and external audits
- Present HR metrics, analytics and proposed actions to leadership team and during team and company-wide meetings
- Support Diversity & Inclusion initiatives by providing analytics and metrics around D&I data
- Assist with broader HR and enterprise initiatives and strategy planning.
Most importantly, you will be part of an entrepreneurial, agile and fast-paced team that also knows how to have fun! Company events, meaningful involvement in the community, unlimited PTO, free coffee (#nomore3pmslump), incredible growth opportunities and of course great compensation and benefits!
Who are you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Finance, Data Science or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Compensation, Finance or Data Science roles
- Advanced MS Excel skills (advanced formulas, data manipulation, macros, and charting) and reporting skills (ex: Tableau) required
- Benefits Experience preferred but not required
- Ability to execute complex reporting and analytics to help tell HR stories to drive data driven decisions
- Excellent communication skills required in all manners (in-person, phone and writing ability) along with organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information and employee records; utmost discretion in the handling of information
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of the time