Harris Teeter

1.8
1.7
1.6
1.5

Comments

Harris Teeter is certainly a well-known company and while it has its incentives, there could be more emphasis on mentorship for women and men. There are a lot of women who work in my store so I couldn't say that they don't hire enough, but perhaps if they provided more care and concern for employee wellbeing besides the bottom line they might see people stick with the program longer to potentially work their way up. The constant push for no one to get overtime or to limit their hours also makes it hard for people like myself a mom trying to make extra money consider not working at all. I already accommodate my own schedule in order to work certain shifts as not to pay for childcare.

Male employees constantly making sexual and gross comments. Very unprofessional management. Crappy maternity leave, very little vacation or sick days

Harris Teeter takes quite a long time to address concerns brought up by employees, but it will eventually resolve issues. Pay is not great to start but if you fight for it eventually you can get a decent wage. They have a fair split between male and female management numbers and many corporate positions seem to be female led. I wouldnt say its a beacon of feminine achievement and they dont go out of their way to highlight the achievements of women specifically, but I will say they are definitely an equal opportunity employer. No matter your age, gender, sex, orientation, religion, or disability, you always have the room to improve at this store so long as you show them you have the abilities they seek. I am quite happy working here and satisfied that, instead of trying to use feminism as a stunt and hiring as many women as publicly as possible to get recognition for being female friendly, they instead just adopt female friendly actions. Most employees who work with me are satisfied with the way stores are run and very very rarely do I hear sexist phrases or tales of sexism in my work place. Misogyny is not in place at Harris Teeter.

It is pretty much a boys club. Lip service is paid to ensuring equal opportunity, but nothing really ever comes of it. There is a very high turnover rate as well.

While women are encouraged to grow with the company, at its core this is a 'ole boys club'

Work in HR or Recruiting for Harris Teeter?