Harris Teeter

2.0
1.8
1.7
1.5

Comments

Overall good company, room for growth and pay

Treated like crap. You have to get permission to go to the bathroom as if you’re a child. If you don’t properly do this, it’s the end of the world! I got in trouble for going to the bathroom because you “can I say no to a customer” when it’s not like there was even one infront of me to help! They don’t wanna give you a break , so your lucky if you get one at the Virginia Beach oceanfront one. You have to get permission and have them close your line just to get a sip of water every time you’re thirsty, which can b a lot since you cannot keep a drink at your register. And they rarely properly would clean the employee bathroom. Adequate lockers/locker rooms are not provided. The pay was poor especially in comparison to other grocery stores. And worst of all, I have very bad knee pain every single day from working here.

401 k personal perks employee discounts

No loyalty to employees. Customers treat staff horrible and management does nothing about it.

Everyone here is so friendly and says hi to me daily. They help you out when needed also, for example my car battery died so I had it jumped to get to work. A few coworkers made sure that my car started at the end of my shift so I could get home.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Harris Teeter?