Harris Teeter

1.8
1.8
1.7
1.4

Comments

401 k personal perks employee discounts

No loyalty to employees. Customers treat staff horrible and management does nothing about it.

Everyone here is so friendly and says hi to me daily. They help you out when needed also, for example my car battery died so I had it jumped to get to work. A few coworkers made sure that my car started at the end of my shift so I could get home.

Harris Teeter is certainly a well-known company and while it has its incentives, there could be more emphasis on mentorship for women and men. There are a lot of women who work in my store so I couldn't say that they don't hire enough, but perhaps if they provided more care and concern for employee wellbeing besides the bottom line they might see people stick with the program longer to potentially work their way up. The constant push for no one to get overtime or to limit their hours also makes it hard for people like myself a mom trying to make extra money consider not working at all. I already accommodate my own schedule in order to work certain shifts as not to pay for childcare.

Male employees constantly making sexual and gross comments. Very unprofessional management. Crappy maternity leave, very little vacation or sick days

Work in HR or Recruiting for Harris Teeter?